Monday, June 4, 2012

a sermon a day

I know my last post idea didnt work out so well (read: mega, colossal, paragon of failure) but I decided to embark on a [hopefully] more fruitful journey instead. My tentative plan is to try to blog about what I'm reading in the bible and preach a small, short sermon to myself each day. I've realized that the past year or so, I've been getting overly content with my faith and decided that I really needed to push myself to get to know God better and want to desire Him more.  I figure blogging will be a good way to keep the gospel fresh and myself accountable (I contemplated doing a secret journal but decided I'm not secure enough with my manliness to do that yet).

Anyways, hopefully through this blog, I can keep myself on the narrow path, share some encouraging passages with my future self (and anyone else who reads this), and make His truths and mercies new, fresh, and real every morning/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment